Teams accepted and paid on Got Soccer are not guaranteed entrance to the tournament until after bracketing is completed, which may occur less the 30 days prior to the tournament.
If there are not a sufficient amount of teams to create a Gold, Silver or Bronze bracket, your team will be refunded in full.
The tournament is not responsible for Hotel contracts signed by teams for Group Blocks or Individual rooms as per the Hotel Policy stated on the HOTEL TOURNAMENT WEBPAGE.
GAME DAY PROCEDURES:
Please read the tournament rules and regulations.
UPON ARRIVAL – MANAGER SHOULD CHECK IN AT THE FIELD MARSHAL TENT TO PICK UP GAME CARD ETC.
A) TOURNAMENT CHECK IN will take place at the field. Please register your teams 1 hour before the first game at the Field Marshal Tent at the venue your team will be playing.
B) TEAM MANAGER/ADMIN/COACH IS RESPONSIBLE for presenting game cards and admin/player cards to the referee before the start of each game.
C) GAME DAY CHECK-IN: The referee or referee assistant will check in all teams 15-20 minutes prior to the scheduled start of their game. Failure to do so may result in a forfeit.
D) GAME CARD Picked up before each game and delivered back to the field marshal at the conclusion of each game.
1. FIELD MARSHALS ARE LOCATED AT EACH VENUE
ANY ADMINISTRATOR THAT SIGNS UP FOR THE WRONG BIRTH YEAR AGE GROUP WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED A SPOT IN THE TOURNAMENT UNLESS THERE IS ROOM IN THE APPROPRIATE AGE GROUP. IF THERE IS NO ROOM IN THE PROPER AGE GROUP THE TEAM WILL NOT BE REFUNDED UNLESS THE TOURNAMENT FILLS THEIR SPOT IN THE TOURNAMENT.
– Problems and rule interpretations from team administrators must be referred to the Tournament Director through the Field Marshal.
– Official standings are continually updated on the website.
Please help us keep the fields clean. Each team is responsible for picking up trash on the field after each game. NO DOGS ALLOWED, please comply with the park rule. This is a CYSA-S sanctioned event and NO SMOKING/NO ALCOHOL is allowed on any fields (CYSA rule).
– Red cards will be kept with the Field Marshal.
– There will be no refunds after the set application deadline. Prior to the application deadline, refunds will be made less administrative fee.
2. RULES: All games will be played by FIFA laws of the game, except as modified by USYSA and CYSA-S and/or clarified by these rules.
AGE GROUP: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU’RE LISTING YOUR TEAM UNDER THE BIRTH YEAR.
The San Diego Surf Point Loma Summer Classic Tournament age brackets are based on your team’s age level under the New USYSA/USSF mandates which require the players to register with valid ID cards. We are adopting the Calendar year, January 1st – December 31st birth year for all ages competing so all birth dates will be checked at the Field Marshall tent.
a) Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their sidelines, including players, parents and friends.
b) Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted at game sites.
c) Smoking is NOT allowed on any CYSA-S gaming fields. (CYSA-S rule).
d) If a referee terminates a game due to misconduct of players or spectators, the offending team will forfeit. The offending player, spectator or team may be banned from further participation in the tournament.
e) For CONCACAF teams, the tournament committee will notify the US Soccer Federation of disciplinary action taken, and that the Federation will transmit the disciplinary action taken or required to that team’s provincial or national association.
4. GAME CARDS: The coach or team manager/administrator will be responsible for delivering signed game cards from the referee to the field marshal after each game.
a. All referees are “USSF-certified”.
b. The start of the game shall be determined by a toss of a coin for the kick off.
c. Pool play for 2012-2010 age brackets will have one assigned referee.
d. All matches for 2009-2001 will have three assigned referees.
e. The referee has final say on safety of each player’s equipment, including shin guards and any type of knee brace or cast. Shin guards are mandatory.
f. After the start of a match, it will be the decision of the referee whether or not playing conditions are safe or not.
g. Referees will make sure shirt and player name/number correspond with game roster or player will NOT play.
Referees will comply with FIFA rules and Substitutions. Substitutions can be made at any stoppage or deadball but ONLY with the permission (discretion) of the referee.
7. HOME TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES:
a. The HOME team is listed first on the game schedule.
b. The home team will provide a game ball. The game ball is subject to referee approval.
c. The home team will switch to an alternate jersey if the referee declares a color conflict.
d. The Home team decides which side line they’ll sit on. The opposite team will sit on the opposite side line.
e. The start of the game shall be determined by a toss of a coin for the kick off by the referee.
8. SPECTATOR SEATING:
Home team has choice of side line. No two teams will play from the same side, unless field space or other circumstances dictates otherwise.
In all cases spectator and team seating will allow the referee’s assistants clear runs and views of all touch lines. Please respect the dotted BLUE line which Coaches and families should stay behind.
NO spectators behind the goals.
NO players/coaches or parents allowed on the opponents sideline.
9. RED CARDS:
a. A player or coach receiving two yellow cards in one game equals one red card.
b. A player or coach given two yellow cards or one red card shall be expelled from the game, will not be replaced in that game and will not be permitted to play or coach in the next game, as a minimum. The Tournament Director may give a further suspension for violent conduct. Any adult or coach who is ejected must leave the field of play.
c. Teams that are short a player(s) due to red card ejection will also play any overtime short a player(s).
d. Cards for ejected player or coach will be available from the Field Marshal after the team’s last scheduled game.
e. All red cards are reported to CYSA-S.
10. PROTESTS / DISPUTES: No protests will be allowed and all games will be considered final. The Tournament Director will resolve any situation not explicitly covered by the rules. Disputes relating to the interpretation of these rules will be resolved with the field marshal and ONLY the administrators/coaches that are registered with the involved team(s). Individuals may not represent a team if not registered as an administrator/coach with the involved team(s). Please make sure you fill out the protest/complaint forms which are locted at the Field Marshall booth.
11. FORFEITS: A forfeit results in a 1-0 score and will receive 8 points. If at the discretion of the Tournament Director a forfeit provides an unfair advantage, the Tournament Director may make an adjustment in the bracket. If both teams fail to appear, each team will receive 0 points. Teams forfeiting their first game will be assumed to forfeit all of their games unless they contact tournament headquarters at least 3 hours prior to their subsequent games. Team will forfeit for any of the following reasons:
a. Teams fail to check in at the required location, ready to play five minutes before the scheduled kick off time.
b. Home team fails to produce an alternate color jersey if referee determines there is a conflict in color.
c. Teams fail to produce laminated player passes and/or coach’s pass.
d. Teams fail to produce risk management cards for coaches/administrators if registered with CYSA-S.
e. Teams fail to report to the field with the minimum number of players to start the game, 5 players for 2012-2010 and 7 players for 2009-2001.
f. Coach is ejected and fails to leave the field when directed to do so.
g. Coach is ejected and there is no other coach or administrator available with Credentials/Card.
h. Game is suspended due to the misconduct of players, coaches, administrators, parents or spectators.
12. FIELD SAFETY/INCLEMENT WEATHER: The referee or Tournament Director will determine if a field is safe for play. Teams are expected to show up for scheduled game time unless notified by a tournament official. Rain or other weather conditions will not delay play unless the referee determines the fields are unsafe. If games cannot be rescheduled or played due to rain or other circumstances the Tournament Director will make refund adjustments and scores will stand as follows:
a. One half matches completed, score stands.
b. Stoppage in first half of match, no score.
c. Matches may be played next day if field space available.
d. Matches may be shortened to accommodate schedule.
e. If matches unplayable, standings will be based on FIFA penalty kicks for top two teams or by tournament director if kicks cannot be taken.
f. If play is terminated due to misconduct from one or both teams, the offending team will not benefit from termination.
g. If a quarter or semi-final match cannot be played, FIFA penalty kicks will determine the winner.
h. If the final game cannot be played, the top 2 teams will be co-champions.
Pool play is followed by single-elimination leading to a championship round.
Duration of pool play, semi-finals and finals in minutes: NO GOLDEN GOAL!
BELOW: AGE GROUPS BASED ON 2018-2019 PLAYER CARDS & BIRTH YEAR MANDATES.
PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL PLAYERS ARE USING THE SAME BIRTH YEAR CARDS, UNLESS PLAYING UP.
Birth Year Heading Players Pool Play Finals ONLY (overtime) Ball Size
2012-2010 No 7 v 7 20 (5 min half) FINALS 25 (5 min half) 2 x 5 min 4
2009 No 9 v 9 25 (5 min half) FINALS 25 (5 min half) 2 x 10 min 4
2008 Yes 9 v 9 25 (5 min half) FINALS 30 (5 min half) 2 x 10 min 4
2007-2006 Yes 11 v 11 25 (5 min half) FINALS 30 (5 min half) 2 x 10 min 5
2005-2001 Yes 11 v 11 30 (5 min half) FINALS 35 (5 min half) 2 x 10 min 5
Duration of Semis
Age / Semis
2005 – 2001- 30 min
2007 – 2006- 25 min
2009 – 2008- 25 min
2012 – 2010- 25 min
FIELD SIZES & MANDATES:
– All field sizes will be consistent with the New Mandates set forth by USSF.
BUILD OUT LINE RULES APPLY FOR 7 V 7.
– Heading – Per US Soccer rulings, 2008 & below are restricted from heading the ball. If the deliberate header occurs within the goal area, an indirect free kick should be awarded from the nearest corner, of the goal area, to where the infringement occurred.
All teams participating in the Tournament are guaranteed three (3) games.
Final games tied at end of play will go to two overtime halves and If still tied will go directly to FIFA penalty kicks.
Brackets of 6: Teams with the 1st highest points and 2nd highest points will play in the final.
Running clock for all games.
Team Standings from Pool Play will be determined by a 10-point system:
a. 6 points/win
b. 3 points/tie
c. 1 point/shut-out, including 0-0 ties
d. 1 point/goal (maximum 3 goals/game)
e. 0 points/loss
f. Minus 1 point/red card issued to player or coach
Ties in Standings from Pool Play will be resolved as follows:
a. Winner of head-to-head competition
b. Goal differential (Goals scored minus goals against, to a maximum differential of 4 per game)
c. Goals against
d. Goals scored (To a maximum of 4 per game)
e. FIFA penalty kicks, time and location determined by Tournament Director
We guarantee 3 games played per team. In the event of a last minute team drop and your team/teams don’t play 3 games; refunds will be issued as follows: There will be no refunds to teams who forfeit their own games Refunds below are not valid for discounted fees.
2012 – 2006 $125 refund per game
2005 – 2001 $140 refund per game
Rain or other weather conditions before or during the Tournament shall not delay play unless the referee deems the field unsafe. In the event of inclement weather or unsuitable field conditions, games may: be shortened, go directly to FIFA penalty kicks or be cancelled. The Tournament commitee will assess any reimbursements of fees for cancellation or forfeiture of the tournament or of any game.
Payments & Policies:
1. U9-U10 – $675
2. U11 – U14 – $700
3. U15 – U19 – $725
4. Discounts when advertised.
5. Deadline to apply: July 21, 2019
6. Acceptance Notification: when payment is made prior to deadline.
7. Withdrawal Penalty: After deadline: July 21, 2019 NO REFUND.
1. Cancellation of all matches – 100% refund less $175.00 administrative fee
2. One match played – 60% refund after $175.00 administrative fee
3. Two matches played – 40% refund after $175.00 administrative fee
4. Three matches played – 0% refund. A match is defined as 50% (half time) completed
Tournament Rules May Be Modified Without Notice.